Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rachel: Week 10



Today we had a meeting to the IEP students and prospective IEP interns. There were four girls who showed up excited to learn about the internship and it honestly made my whole day. Being able to share just how much this internship has done for me and what impacts it has made in my life made me realize how much I did appreciate this experience. A lot of them seemed really excited about the chance to participate in it and had really good questions. I hope that I will be able to be a resource to the next interns and be someone that they can really lean on or go to for advice, because it can be disheartening when people don't know up, trust me and Ariel, it has happened quite a lot this semester. Even though we had a lot of failure, though, we really did learn a lot about event planning and getting students involved. Things that I hope to pass onto the next interns as I see this internship go even farther in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment