Friday, February 28, 2014

Rachel: Week 4

Today is our fifth IEP event. We are partnering with International Student Fellowship here on campus who was kind enough to reach out to us to plan an event! We planned a game afternoon from 3:30-5:30 in the game room of Selleck and I am excited to see the turn out! I have learned that constant reminders and funny posts have really gained a lot of publicity about the event and I hope to see a good turn out tonight. I think this is a really good idea for an event because it is simple and interactive. The biggest thing about these events is being excited about it yourself. If people can tell that you are excited to meet them and have an experience with them then they are way more inclined to actually show up to the event. I really hope that people do turn up today and have a chance to interact and learn about one another. If this goes well I will definitely plan on partnering with this organization again for a conversation table night or something to really get people talking and involved with each other.

It was such a fabulous experience today! We had a huge turn out and it was so exciting to see the interactions between students. Partnering with Beth was a huge success! I had a chance to play Uno and Apples to Apples with a variety of students that I normally wouldn't be able to! It was so fun trying to explain some of the words on the cards to the Saudi students and realizing how difficult it was for even I to define some words. It was really great how fast they caught on and were able to play! We played for two hours and the conversations between the students and just the amount of noise we made while playing was so satisfying and it made it so worthwhile. Finally being able to bring students together at that level was so great and it really showed the true meaning of this internship. I got so many thanks and asking about nexts weeks event. It really was such a great afternoon!




No comments:

Post a Comment